Q: Where is RootsCamp held?
RootsCamp is held at Baltimore Convention Center (BCC), located at One West Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. Please enter via the Charles St lobby to get to the conference.
Caucuses on Friday, Nov 30, are held at the William H. Thummel Business Center, University of Baltimore, located at 11 W Mt Royal Ave, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Q: How do I get to the convention center?
Flying? The most convenient airport to fly into is Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI). From there, BCC is 10.3 miles away (approximately 35-45 minutes by car). Alternatively, you could also land at the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), which is 42 miles away (1h 40 min by car).
If you’re getting there by train, the nearest Amtrak station is: Penn Station, 1500 N. Charles St., Baltimore – 1.6 miles from the Convention Center.
You can get into and around Baltimore by public transport too. More information on Baltimore’s bus transit system, BaltimoreLink, here.
Q: Where can I find lodging?
Due to the scale of this event, we do not provide or coordinate lodging for those traveling out of the area to attend. Attendees are free to stay where they choose. We suggest that if you need a hotel room you use the Fair Hotels site to search for a union-friendly hotel.
Below is a list of hotels that are walking distance from the Baltimore Convention Center. We made sure to clearly label the union-friendly hotels .
- Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor – 300 Light Street, Baltimore, MD (union-friendly)
- Hilton Baltimore – 401 W. Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD (union-friendly)
- Radisson Hotel Baltimore – 101 West Fayette St., Baltimore, MD (union-friendly)
- Sheraton Inner Harbor – 300 S. Charles St., Baltimore, MD
- Holiday Inn Baltimore inner Harbor – 301 W. Lombard St, Baltimore, MD
- Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor – 110 S. Eutaw St., Baltimore MD